Song Bridge Press welcomes submissions from all traditions in the Spanish-speaking world, respecting variations in time, place, and milieu. Our emphasis is on quality, both of the original work and the translation. We pride ourselves on our collaborative editorial environment, and welcome the contributions of our authors and translators to the process.
We accept submissions of previously unpublished books of Spanish-language poetry, prose poetry, novels, short story collections, and book art projects translated into English. Submissions must include both the original Spanish language version, as well as the English translation. When considering our press for submission, please recall that we are inclined to nurture emerging authors and translators. Therefore, we discourage submissions of re-translations or previously published translated works, unless the submission is of unusual scholarly or literary merit. Further, anthologies and chapbooks in translation are special challenges — we recommend contacting us prior to formally submitting your proposal. Our press accepts submissions throughout the calendar year, from 1 January to 31 December. We are uncomfortable with prolonged reading times; we respect your work will do our very best to provide you with an editorial response within 3 months.
To submit, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following items:
- A cover letter not to exceed 1000 words, indicating the name of the author/poet, the name of the translator, biographical information for both, a description of the work positioning it within Spanish-language literary traditions, and, finally, a section that addresses the relevance and importance of the work.
- At least 30 pages of translated text for prose submissions
- For poetry, we prefer full book manuscripts
- Documents must be in Microsoft Word format.
- Please name the attachments: Author Last Name Cover Letter, Author Last Name Sample (ex. García Cover Letter)
We accept electronic, simultaneous, and unsolicited manuscripts, but we do not accept works in which the author is the translator.