Song Bridge Press welcomes submissions from all traditions in the Spanish-speaking world, respecting variations in time, place, and milieu. Our emphasis is on quality, both of the original work and the translation. We pride ourselves on our collaborative editorial environment, and welcome the contributions of our authors and translators to the process.
We accept submissions of previously unpublished books of Spanish-language poetry, novels, and short stories translated into English. Submissions must include both the original Spanish language version, as well as the English translation. When considering our press for submission, please recall that we are inclined to nurture emerging authors and translators. Therefore, we discourage submissions of re-translations or previously published translated works, unless the submission is of unusual scholarly or literary merit. Our press utilizes two open submission windows during each calendar year: October 1st – December 31st and April 1st – June 30th. Only solicited manuscripts will be accepted on other dates.
To submit, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following items:
- A cover letter not to exceed 1000 words, indicating the name of the author/poet, the name of the translator, biographical information for both, a description of the work which positions it within Spanish-language literary traditions, and, finally, a section that addresses the relevance and importance of the work.
- At least 30 pages of translated text for prose submissions
- For poetry, we prefer full book manuscripts
- Documents must be in Microsoft Word format.
- Please name the attachments: Author Last Name Cover Letter, Author Last Name Sample (ex. García Cover Letter)
We accept electronic, simultaneous, and unsolicited manuscripts, but we do not accept works in which the author is the translator.
Please allow three months for an editorial response.